Friday 4 May 2012

Knit: Part two

I'm in such a happy mood today, either too much sugar or the fact that its about two weeks 'til my birthday and exams are over. I have two things to blog about today, this one is the second half to my knit post that I wrote back in March.
Knit: Part two

These were developed from my visual research; the drawings in my sketchbook.

The first was done on the knit machine, the rest are hand knitted, the second is moss stitch with acrylic and wool yarn.
 The left is an example of pointelle and stocking stitch, the right sample is basket stitch.



Four final development pieces, the bottom right has ASDA plastic bags knitted into the structure, these were then developed and I made four final fabrics that were presented on A2 boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment