Friday 4 April 2014

Motivation

Motivation can be a hard thing to come by when you have been doing the same thing over and over.
Coming to the end of the third year in my degree, I am working hard but the end still seems so far away. I'm sure it will be July before I know it.

-

After watching the artsy movie Midnight in Paris last week, I picked out this quote that I particularly liked; "We all fear death and question our place in the universe. The artists job is not to succumb to dis-pair, but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence. You have a clear and lively voice. Don't be such a defeatist."

Discouraging and reassuring at the same time. But I don't think you have to take it so literally. The quote is telling artists, like me, that you that you need to follow your own path in life and do what you want to do. I'm not saying you don't have to work hard or put the effort in to get there. It's easy to start being a defeatist, once you doubt yourself it's a rocky climb back up to the top. Although, only you can motivate yourself.

One of my grandmas favourite quotes is 'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink'. And it's true. Everyone around can tell you to do something; it will only happen if you want it badly enough to try.

-

One of my friends has recently flown half way around the world to start her life of work travel and adventure. I envy her lack of fear to go and conquer the world, however, it reminds me that everyone needs to go outside their comfort zone if they ever wish to be successful.

Sarah can tell you her story better on her blog;  http://anydistance.blogspot.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment