Wednesday 10 October 2012

Cat/Lion Costume

EASIEST COSTUME EVER!!


You can make this more black (cat-like), or golden, like a lion.
If you go to the University of Leeds there is one thing that is a MUST before you graduate, a fancy dress Otley run! It is a pub crawl down a long road which seems to be get shorter the more you drink.

Here are the basic fur parts to my outfit:

The sewing part -
Remember to set up your sewing machine at the beginning!
1. I bought 2 meters of golden fur from Leeds market and a headband
2. I measured the length round my ankles and wrists
3. Sewed the four pieces of fabric into cylinder shapes, two for hands and two for the feet.
4. Cut and sewing two small cones for the headband
5. To wear: add black leggings and leotard..


Make-up -
1. Smother your face in orange foundation
2. Add lots of bronzer to the cheekbones
3. Using eyeliner, outline your eyes with a thick line that extends down to your nose
4. Also use the eyeliner to add a cute cat nose and whiskers if you like
5. Don't forget mascara!

Hair -
Not any steps for this really, I just left my fringe down and back-combed my hair until it looked I had crawled through a hedge 100 times.




Hope you had a great birthday Lucy!
Beth
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment