Thursday 13 March 2014

Choosing my colour palette

Pantone Colour trend 'Fluidity' was my original colour palette. The original set of colours in my designs were not working together so I decided to change it to appeal more towards my chosen target market.

‘Fluidity Gliding gracefully through watery channels, Fluidity is the palette that understands the inevitable human need for life-sustaining cool water tones, rendered largely in dazzling blues and blue-greens. ese cooling hues are underscored by shimmering sea grass shades and undersea-creature colors, such as absinthe green, violet tulle, blazing Samoan sun, dewberry purple and two eye-arresting orange-coral tones.’

By keeping just the blue and green shades, the palette for the final designs is now made up from analogous colours. Colours that are next to each other one the colour wheel. Creating harmonious blends and the blue and green combination suggest a calm surrounding, ideal for a bedroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment